mortgageshield.co.uk ltd-Income (PHI), Aberdeen-Mortgageshield
Income Protection or Permanent Health Insurance (PHI)
Sometimes called disability Income benefit which is designed to provide you with an Income.
Income Protection Features
· There is a deferred period to suit your needs, these ranges between 4 and 52 weeks.
· Insurance provides an income commencing after a deferred period for a person who is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
· The policy, when in place, is permanent. The premiums cannot increase (unless a reviewable premium is chosen) or claims be refused.
The policy has a fixed term, usually to retirement age of 60 or 65.
· There is a maximum insured income limit based on several factors. Please contact us for your specific situation.
· The benefits can be level or increase at a fixed amount.
· Premium rates are occupation based.
· Maximum income typically up to 65% of your earned income.
Income Protection Benefits
· Income is paid for the duration of your illness or incapacity or/and until your selected end date (typically to your retirement date)
· If you recover then become ill again you can recommence your claim or if it is for a different incapacity, claims are not restricted to one event.
· Benefits paid for short & long term incapacity, subject to the deferred period.
· The insurance company cannot cancel cover once you have been accepted. You can cancel, they cannot.
· Inflation protection can be provided by arranging an increasing policy. This provides increasing cover to take into account rising future costs.
· Guaranteed premiums are available with most insurance companies.
Income Protection Limitations